Jefferson County Schools: Family Resource Center
The Jefferson County Schools Family Resource Center provides free services to parents:
- Preschool in a Bag– (Birth to 5) Tips and ideas to encourage your child’s development.
- Developmental Screening– (Birth to 5) Referrals made when additional help is needed. Your child must be screened at age four, as required by Jefferson County Schools.
- Jefferson County Preschool Programs- Screening and referral to Governor’s county preschool program.
- Baby Connection Newsletter- Designed to provide parents with developmental information and activities.
- Community Information– Provide information on services available in Jefferson County to help meet your needs.
- Preschool Orientation-Provide kindergarten readiness orientation for parents of children enrolled in preschool programs throughout the county.
- Imagination Library– Provide information and registration materials for parents to receive free books for their child.
- Information and Referral- Provide information and refer to services in the community.
The Family Resource Center is here to help you, if you need help and do not know where to go, please give us a call. Our goal is to provide you information on where you can go to get help.
Call 397-4466 for more information.
Karen Blomdahl- Serving New Market & Strawberry Plains
Terri Runyan- Serving Piedmont & Dandridge
Rene Tabor- Serving Talbott & White Pine
Susan Williams- Serving Jefferson & Mount Horeb